As the Fire Department conducts their annual testing of the fire hydrants you may have rusty/dirty water.
- Fill a bottle or jug with fresh tap water and store in refrigerator for cooking/drinking
During & After Flushing
- Do not wash any white or light colored laundry during flushing; laundry stained during this time should not be placed in the dryer. Rewash the clothes/linens with a stain remover such as Red-B-Gone, Iron Out, or Fels Naptha.
- Open cold water faucets and let water run until clear. Turn off faucet.
- Open hot water faucet and let water run until clear. Turn off faucet.
- Once both are clear, water is ready for use again.
- Wash dark color clothes before any light/white laundry.